Chatbots are all the rage, but what do they actually do? AI chatbots workflows use AI to help your customers get answers to their questions quickly and easily. The AI bot remembers past conversations and gives better responses during future chats. Simple workflow based chatbots can't compare in this way, but they are easier to set up and cheaper! We will explore these different types of bots below so you can make an educated decision on which is best for your business.
Difference between traditional chatbots vs Conversational AI
There are two types of chatbots, traditional rules-driven, and AI-driven chatbots. Rules-based chatbots follow a predefined workflow, while AI-driven chatbots leverage NLP (natural language processing) and machine learning to understand what the user is asking or looking for. These AI Chatbots are more conversational and can be trained to improve their responses over time with greater usage.
The difference between chatbots (or virtual assistants) and a conversational experience lies in the integration of back-end systems to provide information to users. When you take systems like ERPs, support ticketing, or banking systems and ingest them into AI, the chatbot can then have direct transactional conversations with customers - without needing a person on the business side to intervene.
Simple chatbot workflows are cheaper and easier to set up than AI chatbots, but they can't offer the same level of customer service. AI chatbots are more expensive to set up, but they can provide a better customer experience by understanding the user's needs and responding in a more conversational way.
Which type of Chatbot is best for my Digital Transformation?
When deciding which type of chatbot is best for your business, you need to consider what the chatbot will be used for. If you want a chatbot that can handle simple tasks, like providing customer support or answering common questions, then a simple workflow based chatbot is the best option. If you want a chatbot that can handle more complex tasks, like providing a conversational experience to customers or handling transactions, then you need an AI-driven chatbot.
Keep in mind that AI chatbots require more development time and cost more to set up than simple chatbots. However, they offer a better customer experience and can be used for a wider range of tasks. If you're not sure which type of chatbot is right for your business, contact a chatbot provider to discuss your needs and they can help you make the best decision.
How AI Chatbots can help with your Digital Transformation
Businesses are increasingly looking for AI chatbot solutions to help them transform digitally. AI helps businesses scale customer service, reduce time-to-market and costs, improve brand loyalty and provide better customer experiences across all Customer touch points. Chatbots are also an excellent way of helping people navigate a company's website or mobile app more easily - they can help with tasks such as product selection, making a purchase or checking the status of an order.
When it comes to AI chatbot workflows for digital transformation there are three key areas where they can help:
- Automating business processes: AI chatbots can be used to automate customer service and support, sales and marketing, operations and beyond. And as mentioned earlier - if the chatbot is hooking into your business systems - they can also activate workflows in your backend based on direct interaction with the customer without any human intervention.
- AI Chatbots can increase productivity: AI chatbot workflows are designed to free up your staff by taking on some of the tasks that would otherwise be done manually. This increases efficiency, agility and reduces costs for your business.
- AI chatbots in marketing: AI Chatbot workflows can also help with your digital transformation by helping you engage and convert more leads - AI chatbots provide a human-like experience to customers that is only going to be further enhanced as the technology continues to improve.
In addition, AI powered chatbots are expected to deliver faster response times than humans, making them the perfect customer service solution for time-sensitive tasks.
What to look out for when evaluating chatbot solutions
When looking for AI chatbot workflows to help with your digital transformation, be sure to look for a provider that can offer:
- Language support (Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese, English, Singlish, Manglish etc)
- Level of SLA/support provided by the solutions provider
- Cost and deployment - from set up to going live (Some SaaS platforms charge per FAQ, hosting costs?)
- Platforms that the chatbots can be deployed on (Omnichannel - Website, Messenger apps like Telegram and Whatsapp, Mobile apps, Zendesk, SalesForce, Shopify)
- Does the Solution Provider require Data Scientists/Engineers to support the chatbots or can Subject Matter Experts be trained (staff training - workshops, etc)
- Does the solution provider support on/off premise hosting
- Compliance and Security
- Technical difficulty and knowledge needed to utilise the solution ( Low/no-code platforms)
- Are the chatbots able to work cohesively with RPA bots for further automation, is the chatbot solution able to act as the master orchestrator if so?
- Out of the box Ontologies and workflows to save onboarding time
- Does the Solution Provider support White labelling?
- Customisable AI chatbots: Your AI chatbot should be able to be configured to reflect the exact processes and workflows of your business. AI chatbots can be customised to your needs and trained on any data you want them to use.
- AI Chatbot integration: Your AI chatbot should integrate with a range of systems including ERPs, CRMs, Help-desk tools etc - in order for the bot to engage customers and complete tasks seamlessly without needing human intervention
List of Asia Focused Chatbot Vendors
Here is a list of some Chatbot vendor who offer their products in South East Asia
Language can be a major issue for chatbots so it is important to look for a vendor with experience in your local business language. We're limiting this list to chatbot solutions that are established in Asia as these tend to support local and regional languages.
Traditional vs AI Chatbots - Which is best?
AI chatbots are the future of customer service and beyond. AI-powered chatbots can provide a human-like experience to customers that is only going to be further enhanced as the technology continues to improve. AI powered chatbots also deliver faster response times than humans, making them an ideal solution for time sensitive tasks like handling support queries and sales requests. With AI Chatbot integration, your AI bot should integrate with a range of systems including ERPs, CRMs, Help desk tools etc - in order for the bot to engage customers and complete tasks seamlessly without needing human intervention. What's more? Your AI Chatbot workflows should be customisable so they reflect exactly what you want it do within your business processes or workflows! Let us know if we can help you with AI Chatbot Workflows, AI integration or Digital Solutions - we're always happy to chat!